Thursday, July 28, 2011

God loves you!

This week has been Kids Crusade at our church. Its our 10th year and our theme is "Heaven is for Real"....just like the book.  I just finished this book today (it takes just a couple days to read). OMG, what an amazing story this lil' boy has to share! A must read! I couldn't imagine what his parents must of went through during their hard time watching their lil' boy almost die, but then to later find out that he actually got to VISIT Heaven and sit on Jesus' lap! It runs chills all over me! After reading this I hugged up my boys and told them how much I loved them AND how much God loves them. 

He told his parents MANY things about God, Jesus, and Heaven, but he mostly wanted them to understand just how much "God loves children". It say he told them over  and over and over that God really really loves children. As i closed the book i began to pray and thank God for everything, my children's health, for this lil' boy in the book and sharing his story, and those words that God really really loves children stuck with me all day....
I know as a parent I tell my boys all the time "i love you" and i make sure they feel loved daily. BUT, what I fail to do daily is tell them how much God loves them and that he wants them to love him too. Don't get me wrong, I tell them Jesus loves them sometimes and we pray and thank God nightly and tell him (God) we love him in Kolton's bed time prayers, but i don't directly say on a daily basis "God loves you very much, even more than mommy and daddy  loves you"! 
It is my goal as a mom, a pastor's wife, and a Christian to bring up my boys knowing just how much God loves them and he wants them to love him too.
:)

Have any of you read this book?? "Heaven is for Real"


No comments:

Post a Comment